Thursday, March 6, 2014

My TOP 5 skincare products


            Because I wrote my first post ever about skincare I am gonna continue this topic. I used to be more into makeup and not care about my skin, but things has changed. Getting older I started to care about my skin much more. I believe that nice healthy skin can provide perfect canvas for any makeup I do. Everything looks much better when my face is clean, spotless and healthy glowing.
            As I mentioned in my previous post my skin is dry and mostly without pimples. I have freckles on my nose and cheeks which I love and am not trying to cover.
            After a few years of intense searching and testing I think I found my BESTies of skincare. At least for now J
           
Here they are:
Collage done by Polyvore.com
Sources of pics are on my Polyvore account http://iamjusttellin.polyvore.com
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (check website) - the BEST makeup remover and cleanser in one. It also moisturizes my face and never leaves it dry. I love using muslin cloth with it. It has great pleasant creamy texture. Almost like body butter. I am not really sure what to compare it with. It was the thing I discovered like 2.5 years ago and have never stopped using it since. I must admit I tried to replace it with different product, but NO NO NO! I tried it just because speaking of price it is not the cheapest or average one. But nothing works like this. I will buy this cleanser until I am able to pay for it J I order it online from Liz Earle UK site and every time I buy 3 of them so I can save at least on shipping. I checked exchange rate today and it costs 15.50€ per bottle.

LUSH Tea Tree Water Toner (check website) - I use this toner after Liz Earle cleanser. I spray it on cotton pad and wipe all over my face. It is made with tea tree and grapefruit so it smells great and fresh. It cleanses the last bit of makeup that might stay on my face after cleansing (usually cotton pad stays pretty clean, of course, Liz Earle). It is perfect product for oily acne-prone skin, but I love it, too! It is not drying and good prevention for any possible pimple. It cost me 9.95$. I bought mine in US while I was there, but I used it all up and have no chance to buy it any soon L (because I am not willing to pay horrible shipping from other countries). I replaced it by La Roche-Posay Serozinc, but I have not been using it long enough to tell you about it. But so far I have no problems with it.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum (here) - I wanted to start using serums, but all of them are so expensive! So I was looking for one that would help with moisturizing my face and have affordable price. It costs about 13€, but if you have any outlet stores near you and The Body Shop is there too, try it! It will be cheaper. I am happy I use it, definitely helps with my dry skin. I have been using it for about a year.

Vichy Smoothing and Iluminating Cream (check website) - I love the scent of it! It is very hydrating and perfect for my dry skin. They have two options – one for dry skin and another one for normal/combination skin. I would not say it is illuminating in a way of sparkles or glitters. But it has those tiny microscopic luminous particles. They are not visible under my makeup, but having it on its own it makes difference. I am pleased with this product in general and I will not buy anything else until I find something great that I would like to try. About price, I am really not sure. In pharmacy it is more expensive, but I buy mine online. It is about 20-27€.

St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub (here) - I bought mine in US for about 10$. I tried to find it on their website, but it looks like they changed it a little bit (see link). But I guess it is still the same product. I love the scent (again! You have to like the scent of product in case you want to use it, right?). Fresh apricot scented scrub with not so tiny particles that leaves my skin super smooth and clean. I like that feeling on my face J Thank God, I have already found few websites where I can buy it once it is gone.


            I don’t include my La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo to the list cause I have already written review on it in my very first post and I want to introduce you to more great products I love.  But it definitely is my TOP product J

            1. P.S. I hope you like my post. I am still not sure if readers like longer or shorter post better, so let me know :) 

             2. P.S. Don't forget to recommend my post if you like, sign up for emails or follow on bloglovin. Like my FB fan page https://www.facebook.com/iamjusttellin :) 
 

            Yours truly.


            

No comments:

Post a Comment